Well, after long thought (OK, 17 seconds) I've decided the Hinkelgruber family menu should be brought to the web. A couple of things for you to remember: no substitutions (Charlie's not a short-order cook, after all), and change is inevitable - Charlie may not feel like cooking kim chee on a Tuesday! Oh, and there is one request: if you're joining us for dinner, please either call or text the Scary Lady (you know the number - if you don't, you're really not invited).

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Stay Home, Stay Safe Day 14 ...

The last time I was outside of the house (well, I've been on a couple of walks around the neighborhood as well as sitting on the porch and deck) was March 20 - that means I've had no contact with anyone other than:

  • Charlie;
  • Molly;
  • Melissa (I've borrowed jigsaw puzzles);
So, a full two weeks and no contact. At least today, not infected with Covid-19. Not that I'm really that concerned. Should I be? Yeah - I should. But, damn it - I want the powers that be to finally take control and get the appropriate equipment and materials to the people that need them. That way, I don't have to be concerned - we'll all get the care we need, when we need it. 

Have you watched the most recent version of "War of the Worlds"? It's uncomfortably like living through this reality shit-show - but earth is attacked by extraterrestrials - call it what you will - Covid-19 is as close to an extraterrestrial as most of us will experience. Humans survived the Black Plague, this too, is survivable. 

I feel like I'm in a bubble - and perhaps I am. The neighborhood is "good citizens," practicing appropriate social distancing and we really don't see what is going around in the city. I feel a little paralyzed - the immediacy around me is fine - but what about 2 - 3 miles from me? As a "progressive" city are we really figuring out the solution to this thing and doing what's right and containing it? Man, I hope so. 

On a personal note, I'm still drinking too much. It's a binge drink problem - I'm good until about dinner time and then it's who cares. Bring me wine. Maybe, tomorrow will be easier. 



No comments:

Post a Comment