Well, after long thought (OK, 17 seconds) I've decided the Hinkelgruber family menu should be brought to the web. A couple of things for you to remember: no substitutions (Charlie's not a short-order cook, after all), and change is inevitable - Charlie may not feel like cooking kim chee on a Tuesday! Oh, and there is one request: if you're joining us for dinner, please either call or text the Scary Lady (you know the number - if you don't, you're really not invited).

Friday, April 17, 2020

It's just hair....

I know it's just hair - for god's sake, Nick shaved his head sometime earlier - I don't really recall when... But Sam shaved his head today, and it made me cry. I always thought of Nick as my boy, but Sam shaving his head made me cry! Yeah...they're both my boys....

Even as I post this I'm crying (full disclosure, I've had a couple of martinis so that might be helping to fuel the tears..) but he shaved his head....

Sam was almost two before I took him for his first haircut - he had beautiful blond curls and I couldn't bear to cut them. I listened to people ridicule me - fuck them - I loved the curls and I kept them. Finally, I decided it was time to cut them and I took him to a barber - and he hated it! He squirmed and cried - but after he had his haircut, he strutted like a boy! Even my parents said, "He's not a baby anymore - he's a boy!"

I love and adore both my boys - but the rebel, Nick, you can have a shaved head - Sammy, you need to grow back that hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment