Well, after long thought (OK, 17 seconds) I've decided the Hinkelgruber family menu should be brought to the web. A couple of things for you to remember: no substitutions (Charlie's not a short-order cook, after all), and change is inevitable - Charlie may not feel like cooking kim chee on a Tuesday! Oh, and there is one request: if you're joining us for dinner, please either call or text the Scary Lady (you know the number - if you don't, you're really not invited).

Friday, February 5, 2021

What I'm going to miss when Covid-19 is over...?...?...?

So, I know we're all waiting for this f--king pandemic to be over. But, let's be honest, there are some things we're going to miss...for example: 
  • NYT's "At Home" section of the Sunday NYT. We've gotten more delicious menu items from this section of the NYT, than we have in a long time; 
  • Staying home - be honest...we all wished we could have an excuse to do nothing, at home, for awhile...but, enough is enough! I'm ready to go places;
  • Going to the gym...ok, ok, ok...there are many of you that who really want to go to the gym, but to be able to say, "Uh, no, I really can't go and work out because of Covid..." was liberating!;
  • Binge TV watching. In all honesty, I've been a binge TV-watcher for years! But, with Covid, I didn't have to justify it - you all just finally caught up; 
  • Hanging out on the front porch. So, Charlie and I have spent more time on our front porch in the past year than perhaps more years since we've lived here. (And, we've lived here almost 37-years!)
Now, that's what I'm going to miss. But, what am I looking forward to? Oh, there's a whole host of things. Here are a few:
  • Eating at a restaurant (without a mask!) - I really want someone to bring me food and a cocktail (Hendrick's martini, please, with a twist?) 
  • Las Vegas - again, without a mask! - I want to sit next to a stranger at a Blackjack table, sit next to some stranger at a bar, stand next to a stranger at a Craps table and have a good time!
  • Seeing people - I mean, anyone, anytime, anywhere we can! Indoors, outdoors, underwater - well, maybe not underwater, but you know what I mean!
  • Flying to anywhere! So, maybe in the first time in history, Americans can't go anywhere they want - Canada, Mexico, Europe, Asia...I want to be able to go to Canada! I'm looking forward to going to Canada and Europe. We have friends in Canada and in the UK. I'm looking forward to visiting them. 
So, that's it for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment