Well, after long thought (OK, 17 seconds) I've decided the Hinkelgruber family menu should be brought to the web. A couple of things for you to remember: no substitutions (Charlie's not a short-order cook, after all), and change is inevitable - Charlie may not feel like cooking kim chee on a Tuesday! Oh, and there is one request: if you're joining us for dinner, please either call or text the Scary Lady (you know the number - if you don't, you're really not invited).

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

One more day of 2020...

The only good thing about there being one more day of 2020 is that December 31 is Sammy's birthday! This holiday season, we've gotten to visit with Molly, Sammy, Sarah, and Sarah's mother, Jeanette. We had a great time. The sorry side was not being able to be with Nicky and Liz. How to express how lucky we are: no one has truly suffered this horrible pandemic (Liz was lucky - so lucky!) and we're all relatively healthy (honestly, how healthy can you be at 40 pounds over weight?!?). I'm still drinking too much (well, I've cut back somewhat - not every day - but when I do drink it's too much), and because it's cold and dank, I'm not getting outside as much as I should. My goal for 2021 is that I will not only get outdoors, but out on my bike and in the world (well, at least out in Portland and maybe Oregon). As soon as we get the vaccine, Duane and I are heading out and about. Let's hope it's sooner than later. We're hoping for the great Southwest: New Mexico, close to El Paso (somewhere in New Mexico), southern California, Utah - oh let's face it - anywhere! In the meantime, I need to get on a bicycle, get outside - do something....

No comments:

Post a Comment