Well, after long thought (OK, 17 seconds) I've decided the Hinkelgruber family menu should be brought to the web. A couple of things for you to remember: no substitutions (Charlie's not a short-order cook, after all), and change is inevitable - Charlie may not feel like cooking kim chee on a Tuesday! Oh, and there is one request: if you're joining us for dinner, please either call or text the Scary Lady (you know the number - if you don't, you're really not invited).

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Is pumpkin pie a food group???

This time of year, I do think the food pyramid does add a new section called "Pumpkin Pie." Well, mine does, anyway!

You all know how Mrs. Hinkelgruber hates to cook (I'm a baker, not a cooker!), but this week is Mr. Hinkelgruber's birthday so yes, you're reading the menu correctly, Mrs. Hinkelgruber is cooking dinner. It'll be Pizza Rustica (some of you will recall it from a few months ago), so you all know I do know how to make it!

I'll be making some more Whoopie Pies for Mr. Hinkelgruber's "group" birthday party/dinner with his fellow birthday celebrators on Monday. And then, later in the week, I'm going to try a Finnish Pulla bread. (It's like a challah or other holiday bread, but Finnish rather than Jewish.) I do love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment