Well, after long thought (OK, 17 seconds) I've decided the Hinkelgruber family menu should be brought to the web. A couple of things for you to remember: no substitutions (Charlie's not a short-order cook, after all), and change is inevitable - Charlie may not feel like cooking kim chee on a Tuesday! Oh, and there is one request: if you're joining us for dinner, please either call or text the Scary Lady (you know the number - if you don't, you're really not invited).

Friday, November 30, 2012

25-days.....

Imagine my surprise to open my email this morning and find the menu already in my inbox! Mr. Hinkelgruber is either very bored at work, or on strike...hmmm...

That frenetic time of year is upon us. That means baking, eating, baking, cooking, eating, baking some more, oh, yeah, shopping (did I mention I hate shopping?), and somewhere in there I suppose I should get to the gym. Having motivation issues on that front. Back to baking and, oh, yeah, eating!

Oh, and do you remember our rat issue of a few months ago? Well, apparently they have taken up residence in our neighbor's attic! When we had them, these neighbors mentioned they preferred 'humane, non-toxic' methods of eliminating them. Guess what? Now that the critters have moved into their home, they called us for information on where to buy the best rat killer that exists. Yep, hear that scurrying above your head in the wee hours of the morning and you'll reach for the best poison money can buy! Ach, schadenfreude!

1 comment: