Well, after long thought (OK, 17 seconds) I've decided the Hinkelgruber family menu should be brought to the web. A couple of things for you to remember: no substitutions (Charlie's not a short-order cook, after all), and change is inevitable - Charlie may not feel like cooking kim chee on a Tuesday! Oh, and there is one request: if you're joining us for dinner, please either call or text the Scary Lady (you know the number - if you don't, you're really not invited).

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fall is in the air?

Our fall is beginning more like summer - at least I believe so. Days up to nearly 80 degrees and no rain now for over 40 days! WOOHOO! To celebrate, the Hinkelgrubers are going to wine country! I know, I know, we have a wine cellar (read: basement) full of wine, do we really need more? Well, we have wine shipments from two wine clubs to collect and if we don't do so before mid-November, we'll have to pay shipping (and be available to sign for them), so we're getting that wine anyway.

I've been knitting - made two cute winter hats; one for the wee one across the street (the sample to learn the pattern) and one for the younger Hinkelgruber boy's new girlfriend. Hats - always a safe gift. I have a new favorite knit shop - one that I can easily walk to, if I really wanted - and it has the most beautiful yarns. And, most importantly, it smells like wool! I can't explain it, but that's a smell I have in the deep recesses of my mind - the smell of wool I remember from going to the Mill-End store as a child; when it was truly a "mill-end" store, with skeins of wool piled high on long, plywood tables, by color. Push your nose into a ball of wool yarn, and inhale; you'll learn the smell I mean.

Did you notice the menu of "Fish heads and rice?" I'm guessing Mr. Hinkelgruber doesn't want guests for dinner tonight. To bad for him, he can't lose me - I'm all for fish heads!

No comments:

Post a Comment