Well, after long thought (OK, 17 seconds) I've decided the Hinkelgruber family menu should be brought to the web. A couple of things for you to remember: no substitutions (Charlie's not a short-order cook, after all), and change is inevitable - Charlie may not feel like cooking kim chee on a Tuesday! Oh, and there is one request: if you're joining us for dinner, please either call or text the Scary Lady (you know the number - if you don't, you're really not invited).

Sunday, April 12, 2020

OK, it's been ten days...

I've been away for awhile...ten days, to be exact...

It's Easter - and we celebrated as we have always celebrated since the boys have been adults - we did family dinner! Well, this year family dinner consisted of Duane and I and Molly...

The weather was gorgeous! A sunny Sunday that I got to spend the better part of the day sitting on the porch, listening to an audio book and watching people (many of whom were wearing masks) walk by. Apparently, the house across the street on the corner is garnering more interest, because this weekend we saw at least three couples look at it. I'm pretty sure an offer was put on it by one couple - I'll let you know later.

I'm listening to about one book every other day (that's two books every three days!) I've decided I'm going to have to actually"read" a book next week, just so we don't go broke on Audible (although, in all honesty, I've been using the library extensively - and, yep, that's the one tax measure I'll be voting YES on in November!).

I've been baking - coconut macaroons and honey-bunny cakelets. I'm pretty certain that between the increase in eating baked goods and drinking (wine, gin, vodka, rye) I'm going to top 200 pounds by the end of this shit-show!

Well, until next time - Happy Easter - they're saying we'll likely be quarantined until the end of May...

No comments:

Post a Comment