Well, after long thought (OK, 17 seconds) I've decided the Hinkelgruber family menu should be brought to the web. A couple of things for you to remember: no substitutions (Charlie's not a short-order cook, after all), and change is inevitable - Charlie may not feel like cooking kim chee on a Tuesday! Oh, and there is one request: if you're joining us for dinner, please either call or text the Scary Lady (you know the number - if you don't, you're really not invited).

Sunday, April 26, 2020

It's relaxing...is that a good thing?

So, I've had a "virtual visit" with my doctor. Suffice it to say, it was a nice chat. Her daughters are doing well - Sophia is looking at colleges and her younger daughter (Grace?) is headed for high school next year. I will be seeing Cynthia (Dr. Cynthia) later in May. (Well, all things remaining relatively stable....)

I've made about 60 masks (OK, Sarah, in all honesty, you only got about 40 of them - I sent the others to friends who needed them). I'm thinking about doing a completely different May Day. When I was a kid, May Day meant you cut flowers, delivered them to neighbors, rang the doorbell and ran! This year, I'm thinking about doing just that - but wrapping a flower in a mask with a tag that says "May Day Masks!" Happy May Day!

Charlie has gotten a contracting gig! He's working for CDK for a while - and we're reaping the benefits! The benefits are more than just the money - he really needs a distraction. He has been spending too much time reading/watching Covid news. With him working - he's distracted!

This week, I'm going to set up my bicycle trainer - I need to start moving somehow - either on the road or on the porch.  Putting it in writing - makes me commit to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment