Well, after long thought (OK, 17 seconds) I've decided the Hinkelgruber family menu should be brought to the web. A couple of things for you to remember: no substitutions (Charlie's not a short-order cook, after all), and change is inevitable - Charlie may not feel like cooking kim chee on a Tuesday! Oh, and there is one request: if you're joining us for dinner, please either call or text the Scary Lady (you know the number - if you don't, you're really not invited).

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Halloween, 2020

It's Halloween, 2020. Weather - lovely in Portland, OR - relatively warm 47 degrees; full moon (Blue moon, to be exact); no rain. Do you know how rare it is to have no rain in Portland, OR on Halloween?!?... In a year of Covid-19, we had 5 - count them - 5 kids come Trick-or-Treating. Yeah, the CDC said trick or treating was not a good idea this year, but this is the event that folks decided that the CDC was right about? Masks? "Don't infringe on my rights! I shouldn't have to wear a mask!" Six feet apart? Again, don't infringe on my rights - I should be able to go wherever I want. But Halloween...little kids...collecting candy...at a safe distance...this is what people believe is the norm. OK, admittedly, I live in Portland, OR - damn liberal, antifa accepting Portland, OR ... Not the point. We're three days from the election...for history...please go vote...make this administration a one term administration. And, if you're feeling generous, turn the Senate blue, too... My liver is begging you....

No comments:

Post a Comment