Well, after long thought (OK, 17 seconds) I've decided the Hinkelgruber family menu should be brought to the web. A couple of things for you to remember: no substitutions (Charlie's not a short-order cook, after all), and change is inevitable - Charlie may not feel like cooking kim chee on a Tuesday! Oh, and there is one request: if you're joining us for dinner, please either call or text the Scary Lady (you know the number - if you don't, you're really not invited).

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Did I really say 30-days of sobriety?!?

Mr. Hinkelgruber and I had such a good time in Lost Wages last month, I thought I should try 30-days of sobriety. It's both harder and easier than I thought! The hard part? I missed a mint julep for Derby Day, a Margarita for Cinco de Mayo, and champagne for Mother's Day. Well, those have all passed (or are passing) and now I only have another 16-days to go! The easier? It makes my weekly Wednesday lunch cheaper (two glasses of wine really does add up!) and I seem to be sleeping better.

For over a month now, I've been meaning to bake a Lemon Buttermilk Pie with Saffron. Even went to the expense of buying saffron! (Don't ask me what saffron tastes like - I assume like saffron!) Well, for Mother's Day, I finally have it in the oven baking. It was relatively easy, and very pretty as it bakes. I'll let you know how it tastes.

Oh! And, I got one of the best Mother's Day gifts ever! A family portrait done by the younger Hinkelgruber son. What a talent!

No comments:

Post a Comment