Well, after long thought (OK, 17 seconds) I've decided the Hinkelgruber family menu should be brought to the web. A couple of things for you to remember: no substitutions (Charlie's not a short-order cook, after all), and change is inevitable - Charlie may not feel like cooking kim chee on a Tuesday! Oh, and there is one request: if you're joining us for dinner, please either call or text the Scary Lady (you know the number - if you don't, you're really not invited).

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tending to my knitting...

Yeah, knitting has become an obsession! But what beautiful things I'm making. I may even post a photo or two once their finished.

I made bagels this weekend - and my humble opinion? It was nice to experience making them - once - but do yourself a favor; buy them at your favorite local bagel shop. They were good, but waaay more work than they were worth! The kneading, the resting, the boiling - holy, moly - I'm going to Einstein's next time!

I also made a pumpkin jelly roll - totally worth it and worth making again! Mmm, mmm! I'm glad I gave the leftovers away.

No comments:

Post a Comment