Well, after long thought (OK, 17 seconds) I've decided the Hinkelgruber family menu should be brought to the web. A couple of things for you to remember: no substitutions (Charlie's not a short-order cook, after all), and change is inevitable - Charlie may not feel like cooking kim chee on a Tuesday! Oh, and there is one request: if you're joining us for dinner, please either call or text the Scary Lady (you know the number - if you don't, you're really not invited).

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Post Election...Covid's not over...

So...It's the end of November. So far, we've survived Covid. Charlie hasn't gotten it...I haven't gotten it...Molly hasn't gotten it...Sam hasn't gotten it...Sarah hasn't gotten it...Nick hasn't gotten it... Liz got it! It's OK...because, she's OK. So... We're all good. A vaccine is on the horizon, and as soon as we can get it, we're getting it, by god! Anyway... a great Thanksgiving - Molly, Sam, Sarah - it was so much fun, I can't even express how fun it was. Christmas is next. We're hoping that Nick and Liz will fly up and join us for that one. Now, the real purpose of this post. What I'm thankful for with Covid... - It's suddenly OK to not leave your home. (Yeah, I know folks are bitching about not being able to go places, but, I'm OK with it!) - Streaming television shows...I've always loved veging out in front of a television, and suddenly, it's OK! - Drinking too much. (OK, maybe this hasn't been given the acceptance of other stuff - sweat pants, no make-up - but admit it - you've had too much to drink, too, the past eight months!) But, Joe Biden has been elected President! Kamala Harris is our next Vice President! I'm going out on a bike ride tomorrow (time to get back in shape because I'm certain my new President is going to ask something of me) and there's a new day dawning.

No comments:

Post a Comment