Well, after long thought (OK, 17 seconds) I've decided the Hinkelgruber family menu should be brought to the web. A couple of things for you to remember: no substitutions (Charlie's not a short-order cook, after all), and change is inevitable - Charlie may not feel like cooking kim chee on a Tuesday! Oh, and there is one request: if you're joining us for dinner, please either call or text the Scary Lady (you know the number - if you don't, you're really not invited).

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Why do you love people?

So, I started a new book today (well, full disclosure - I've had this book for over a year, just haven't gotten to it) "The School of Essential Ingredients," by Erica Baurermeister. It's a really fast read. As I put it down for the first time since starting it, it fell open to the epilogue and there was a note inserted: "Dearest Theresa, Thank you for buying this book. It warmed my heart, made me cry, and made me think. I love you so very much You mean the world to me. Yours in perpetuity, CDO." I read this note - and read it again - and then had to ask my dear one, "Did you read this book?" "Oh, I was so worried you would give it away before you found my note!" It's a lovely book - if you're reading this blog - you should read this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment