Well, after long thought (OK, 17 seconds) I've decided the Hinkelgruber family menu should be brought to the web. A couple of things for you to remember: no substitutions (Charlie's not a short-order cook, after all), and change is inevitable - Charlie may not feel like cooking kim chee on a Tuesday! Oh, and there is one request: if you're joining us for dinner, please either call or text the Scary Lady (you know the number - if you don't, you're really not invited).

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Breakfast - a great beginning!

I saw the best commercial last evening while I watched the opening ceremonies of the London Olympics. It opens with a voiceover, "Why is it every race is remembered for its ending? We think it should be remembered for its start." Flash to a little girl sitting at a kitchen table waiting for mom to put a bowl of cereal in front of her and then a simple banner "Kelloggs".

Weekdays, breakfast is my responsibility and Mr. Hinklegruber suffers through a simple bowl of cereal. Come the weekend, though, I'm treated to a $18 - $22 breakfast every Saturday. We live in an over-the-top-popular breakfast town, but my choice is always our own dining room. This morning? Two poached eggs on toasted french bread, with a crumbled bacon topping and a broiled tomato with a bread crumb stuffing. And, I didn't have to wait to hear my name called. Oh, those folks standing in line at any number of breakfast joints are wasting their time!

Between the Summer Olympics and family weddings, I can tell summer is beginning to wind down. That pie has to get baked today (I have my marching orders!) and then I intend to plant myself in front of the telly for the Games. (Who knew the Queen was a sky-diver?!?) What a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment