Well, after long thought (OK, 17 seconds) I've decided the Hinkelgruber family menu should be brought to the web. A couple of things for you to remember: no substitutions (Charlie's not a short-order cook, after all), and change is inevitable - Charlie may not feel like cooking kim chee on a Tuesday! Oh, and there is one request: if you're joining us for dinner, please either call or text the Scary Lady (you know the number - if you don't, you're really not invited).

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day - and it's spring at last!

Eighty-two degrees signals one thing: spring is here! On Mother's Day Eve, the weather is perfect, and the same is scheduled for Mother's Day.

Mr. Hinkelgruber and I bought tomato plants for the year, and tomorrow he will plant them. If they all bear fruit, there will be more tomatoes than we've ever had before: nine plants. Let's also hope the grapes come to fruition this year. The younger Hinkelgruber's pruning job last year severely hampered last year's harvest. He wasn't quite as severe this year.

I made Pecan Sticky Buns for my Tuesdays with Dorie blogging group and I can honestly say, they are the best things ever! Thank goodness I was able to give all but two (one for Mr. Hinkelgruber and myself) away to neighbors and friends.

So far, no ideas for dessert for Mother's Day, but never fear - I'll think of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment