Well, after long thought (OK, 17 seconds) I've decided the Hinkelgruber family menu should be brought to the web. A couple of things for you to remember: no substitutions (Charlie's not a short-order cook, after all), and change is inevitable - Charlie may not feel like cooking kim chee on a Tuesday! Oh, and there is one request: if you're joining us for dinner, please either call or text the Scary Lady (you know the number - if you don't, you're really not invited).

Saturday, June 18, 2011

I learned something about myself today....

I've never had a garage sale before and I've never been one who frequented them...I always figured I didn't have the patience to organize one and I certainly find no pleasure in pawing through other people's stuff (read:  junk).  Today I learned why I've never had one before:  I don't like people touching my stuff (and until it's sold - it's still my stuff!) and many of them make very snide comments.  But today, I participated for the first time in our neighborhood's garage sale.  People are interesting creatures.  You can give them the deal of a lifetime, and many will still ask, "Will you go lower?  Are you going to mark things down at the end of the day?"  That said, I did have a fun time and might even consider doing it again (I made over $400!) since I know what to do differently next time.

Oh, and food wise - did you notice chicken and dumplings?  One of the few meals my mother could actually cook well and, as a result, one of my favorite foods.  I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment